Welcome to episode 49 of the Sexology Podcast, I am delighted to be joined by Dr. Joe Kort, Ph.D. He talks to us about why some straight men are drawn to gay sex, the taboo of talking about this topic and how are compulsive behaviors different from sexual attraction.
In this episode, you will hear:
* Why some straight men are drawn to gay sex but aren’t gay
* The compartmentalization men can make between gay sex and being gay
* How society says it’s ok for women to have sex other women but not the same for men
* How trauma reenactment can play a role in this issue
* The taboo and difficulty to talk about this with partners
* How are compulsive behaviors different from sexual attraction?
* How the more this issue gets repressed, the more it will come up
* The role shame plays around this issue
* How homophobia can be used as a smokescreen